Rustic weddings are one of the biggest trends in modern weddings. A Buffalo plaid wedding is going a bit further with the western style party decorations, with a focus of red and black colors.
How do you decorate for a rustic wedding?
- burlap and lace wrapped holders for flowers or candle holders
- burlap table runner
- adding twine to cutlery settings
- baby’s breath or cedar bows for flower centerpieces or wall decorations
- burlap Mr & Mrs signs for the back of the bride and groom chairs
- wooden arch made with drift wood
- wedding in a barn
- adding a lantern to the cake table
- antlers on the arch or head table
What do you wear to a rustic wedding?
- it depends on the venue
- does the invitation have specified attire
- wear something more formal if you’re unsure – an ironed button up shirt and dark pants
- add a bow tie or suspenders
- ask the bride for confirmation on attire
What does having a rustic wedding mean?
A rustic is one that is focused on a country theme – barn, wood, lace, twine, cedar, outdoorsy. Greenery is used throughout the venue to make it more of a woodland feel to it. It looks down to earth, not overdone with sparkles. There could be pottery, mason jars, and wood rounds used for decorations.
How to plan a rustic wedding?
- venue in a barn or outdoors
- decorations – woodland/outdoorsy
- flowers – greenery, neutral colors – white/beige
- candles – in mason jars
- flowers down the aisle – in mason jars
- lights – string lights for the ceiling or fairy lights in a mason jar on the tables
- archway – wooden, handmade with drift wood, covered with greenery or white flowers
- signs – made with burlap, slate, canvas
- red/black napkins
- pine cone name holders
- gold candle holders
- wood round place mats
- twine wrapped menus
- black and red wedding invitations
- greenery boutonniere
- red and black tie
- wood round ring holder wrapped with twine holding the initials of the bride and groom
- lace tablecloths
We were published for a second time in Rocky Mountain Bride for this photoshoot!!
I can’t thank Leanne Sim enough for including us in her vision to bring this all together!!
Thank you to all of the incredibly talented vendors!!
Leanne Sim, Photographer
Pretty Things Rental and Decor
Feist and Flourish
Creations By Sonia
Cookies By V
Christine’s Creative Cakes
Hair and Make-up
Goddess Beauty Services
Everything But The Groom
Groom’s Jacket and Tie
Wooden Ring Holder
AW & Co